Thursday, September 10, 2015

Pets


     Assalamualaikum... In this entry I would like to introduce my pets . I have never had a pet before in my twenty-four years of life ! I do not count fishes as mine because only my parents are interested in fishes nor grasshoppers that I used to catch during primary school. Rabbits and cats are always my favorite animals that I would like to keep as a pet but my mother has asthma and she does not like any furry pets to be kept at home.

     So here I am going to tell you about my RED EARED SLIDER TURTLES or RES for short. I wanted a tortoise but tortoises are wayyyyy more expensive than turtles. I bought these turtles for only RM 8 each at the nearest pet store.. I have looked up online the price of Tortoises can reach hundreds which I would not afford that! So yeah turtles are cute too why not ? So I got myself three little turtles . One male and two females in gender.

     Even though RES are cheap in price but it is going to cost a lot if you want to provide a semi-aquatic habitat for them. I don't setup a tank yet for them ( bad mama) but doing anything the in the cheapest way possible. Like instead of getting a uvb light , I let them out under the sunlight once in a while  for 15 minutes or so. I'm planning to set up a tank sooner or later. For now , I've been referring to these two blogs red-eared-sliders.com and kamekroten . The way they handle their turtles are quite different than other people.


So here they are.....

JOFFREY



ALEX



PIPER



I've had them for a week now and they are still scared of me. Well it's okay maybe after a month they will get used to me and probably love me? :D I put them in a sleeping box (shoe box) every night to let them bask and sleep at the same time , feed them in the feeding container and let them swim in a bigger container during the day.

This is where they swim and bask... It's the widest basin we have at home. 


Watch this VIDEO to see them swimming and dancing ! LOL  


Joffrey didn't even try to escape during their first day out.. 

Piper trying to climb out to bask on the rock !

Piper and Joffrey decided to let me take a picture of them


Joffrey trying to hide from me but didn't really.. lol

"almost there ! Gosh I'm so tired... "

Wonder what he's thinking about...




Piper and Alex sleeping.. 


Alex sleeps a lot. She is sooo cute 


Piper and Joffrey right after I put them in the box.. 
Escape mission?  Whilst Alex is already asleep under the covers.

Thursday, 10th September 2015 . Good morning babies :)

Here's a video I took during their feeding time !



I feed them turtle pellets and dried shrimps for now. I have tried papaya , blueberry , water spinach and green apples. Seems like they don't like fruits and vegetables. Maybe not yet. I heard they love bananas ! I might try that too yay.

Okay hope you like this post! If you have any idea or suggestions on turtle care especially in Malaysia please comment.
laterz... In shaa Allah. 









No comments:

Post a Comment